Rumbalara House – Care, comfort and contemporary outlook
A beautiful new residential care wing is now open at Rumbalara House. It offers our residents and their visiting families a lovely environment to feel supported and welcome. Rumbalara House is located on Adelene’s tranquil village grounds which are surrounded by native bushland, providing a scenic place to live when it becomes too difficult to manage at home.
Adelene’s rich history of care spanning nearly 40 years has guided the blueprint for this architecturally designed residence. We have incorporated details that bring an ease and accessibility to care where our residents have their daily needs attended to by our thoughtful, attentive and well-trained staff.
Rumbalara House tastefully combines comfortable shared spaces and private suites so residents can vary their days and join in activities when they wish, adding to a sense of enjoyment and fulfillment. Large windows in the lounge areas and private suites create an uplifting backdrop of sunny aspects and garden views. With generous interior spaces flowing through generous corridors to each room, the design assists residents to move easily between areas, to enable as much independence as possible.
Spacious and bright
Rumbalara House has 65 suites, comprising 50 single rooms and 15 double rooms which may accommodate couples. All suites are complete with ensuite bathrooms. The rooms are spacious and bright, giving staff and residents plenty of floor area and visibility to move around easily with mobility aids. And each room has its own air conditioner to create comfortable living. Every suite in Rumbalara House offers:
- A large and airy private room with natural light
- Spacious ensuite with mobility-friendly design
- Quality built, electronically adjustable bed
- Emergency call buttons
- Purpose designed fixtures and fittings
- Flat screen television (Foxtel ready extra charges apply)
- Reverse cycle airconditioning
- Built-in wardrobe and bedside drawers
- Lounge chair and seating area
- Close proximity to staff and the central nurses hub
Café area and dining options
Nutritious and fresh meals are part of the Adelene care experience. Prepared onsite and served in the dining room, our residents enjoy a variety of tasty dishes every day. We also cater for special dietary needs such as diabetic or pureed foods. Chatting over a cup of tea is often a familiar and enjoyable time with family and friends, and visitors are welcome to use the tea and coffee making facilities in the dining room or enjoy refreshments in our cafe. If visitors let us know they would like to share meal times we can certainly accommodate requests.
The security of help on hand
Adelene’s Rumbalara House offers safety and security that helps to alleviate the physical and emotional concerns that come with increased frailty. We are here to help and our services cover:
- Trained staff on hand 24 hours
- Excellent ongoing education program
- The most up to date care with the best available facilities and equipment possible
- Assistance with daily needs such as showering, dressing and mobility
- Managing medications
- Nutritious meals and special dietary requirements
- Laundry and cleaning
- Social and recreational activities
- eEmergency call buttons
- vVisiting doctor, podiatrist, physiotherapist and occupational therapist and we can assist with other allied health arrangements if needed
- Visiting chaplains from local churches and additional essential services such as hairdressers, optometrists etc
- Harmony Lounge to assist with pain management (remedial massage, TENS machine, hot packs and laser therapy).